From: Marin Paolo Virgile Vatin (marinpaolovirgile.vatin_at_unipd.it)
Date: Fri Feb 17 2023 - 04:46:15 CST

Good morning,

I am a postdoc researcher. I would like to use VMD to make a movie of a
lammps dynamics trajectory using “-dispdev text”.

I have a problem with the script make_trajectory_movie_files that does not
work in my case. I want to get images that show the correct topology of my
molecules.

Here is what I have done so far:

   - incorporated the script make_trajectory_movie_files into a script
   generated by doing “save visualization state”
   - modified the script to read the topology with topo “readlammpsdata
   <topo>” and the trajectory with “mol addfile <traj>”
   - run the script with the option “-dispdev text”

I do not get any error message, but I get empty images or wrong topology.
There is no problem when I run the script with the window except for
slowness.

Has anyone encountered this problem or knows how to solve it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,