From: Atanu Acharya (achary01_at_syr.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2023 - 15:39:47 CST

Hi Pol,
   I recently encountered the same OSPRay problem on Windows 11. John’s suggestion worked for me.
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/34008.html

Hope this helps,
Atanu

From: owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu <owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu> on behalf of Pol Garcia-Segura <polgarse2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 4:15 PM
To: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_gmail.com>
Cc: vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu <vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: vmd-l: VMD on Windows 11
Dear Axel,

I already tried this, but I get this error message when trying to open VMD:
#osp: INITIALIZATION ERROR --> #osp:api: could not find module initializer
ospray_init_module_ispc
#osp: INITIALIZATION ERROR --> Could not find device of type: default.
Make sure you have the correct OSPRay libraries linked.
#osp: INITIALIZATION ERROR --> OSPRay not yet initialized (most likely this
means you tried to call an ospray API function before first calling
ospInit())(pid 1768)

I tried to run this (as suggested by previous VMD-L mailing list messages):

PS C:\Program Files\VMD> set VMDNOOSPRAY=1
PS C:\Program Files\VMD> .\vmd.exe

But still got the same error..

Do you know how can I solve it?

Thank you,