From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2022 - 11:20:31 CST

That might simply be an issue with one of your Unix shell scripts, or
an issue with the VMD startup script's use of 'rlwrap' when it is found.
It would be necessary to see more details about your error(s) and
whether you're running the Bourne shell (or bash) or C shell version
of the VMD startup launcher script.

Best,
  John Stone

--
Research Affiliate, NIH Center for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/