From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 09:56:16 CDT

Hi,
  Ok, I see several problems with your VMD installation.
Firstly, you're running an ancient test version of VMD that was
not even an official release from a couple years ago.

I'd recommend that you delete that version from your machine,
then download and install VMD a current copy of VMD 1.8.2 from our web site.
The old version that you're using won't work with the stereo on your
Quadro because it doesn't include the special code for the "VMDPREFERSTEREO"
feature that you need to use to get around problems with the NVidia drivers
on the older Quadro boards.

In any case, I recommend that you delete the old version of VMD,
then download the new version, read the README that comes with it
before installing, and then install it according to the directions
in the README file. (which should cure some other problems I saw
in your startup messages indicating that your existing VMD is installed
incorrectly....)

Thanks,