From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 09:44:11 CDT

Hi,
  You didn't say what operating system you're running.
If you're running Linux, you'll have to set the "VMDPREFERSTEREO"
environment variable to "1" before running VMD, as the older
Quadro cards won't let you do both stereo and antialiasing at
the same time. If you're running Windows, you need to set the
video mode to enable stereo in the driver control panel, and
then it should work with VMD the next time you start VMD.