From: Strahs, Dr. Daniel Bernard (dstrahs_at_pace.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2022 - 11:50:17 CDT

Hello all:

A silly question, but all my VMD installations turn down the audio volume when they initialize. Since audio cues alert to email, meetings etc, this can be a bit problematic. I usually remember to turn the audio up after VMD initializes, but I sometimes forget and then I'm left wondering why nothing's making noise before I remember "Oh, yes, VMD".

I've looked for some command that executes this, but the words "audio" or "sound" are not found in the manual or initialization scripts, and I can only find a few descriptions of audio in the source code.

This is not urgent, but I'm puzzled and somewhat curious.

Thanks!

Dan Strahs
Biology Department, NYC campus
Pace University