From: Klimkowski, V (vklimkow_at_butler.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2022 - 10:29:47 CDT

Hi,
 Thanks very much to JC, Josh & Giacomo for their specific advice, as well as encouragement to install VMD 1.9.4 (latest alpha) rather than 1.9.3 on the older workstation I described. I'll be following up with that as soon as I get sudo privileges there.

  I actually have been using the alpha version (1.9.4a55-x86_64-R11) on my MAC but was hesitant to try it on this older workstation. On my MacBook Pro (Monterey 12.5.1) I have experienced some inconsistent problems with the windowing system (expandable lists not responsive, apparent scroll bars not showing up) in the ffTK plugin & possibly other plugins. Also, sometimes (inconsistently) when I "Quit VMD" I get an error message. Hopefully these are MAC specific. I will try send my observations to the developers.

Thanks again for the helpful responses. Best,
Joe