From: Diego Gomes (diego.enry_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2022 - 16:43:28 CDT

Hi Christos, QwikMD is evolving to accommodate user needs, thank you for
reaching out.
The crashing may be due to insufficient memory (RAM)

The trajectory processed with catDCD will not load because it was produced
outside QwikMD. Without water+ions it won't match the topology.

Right now, to solve your problems you may profit from automating VMD
actions with some TCL programming, and build your own script library.
Check the VMD manual and look at some example codes over here:
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/

If you really need to include water molecules in your analysis, and your PC
has a memory limitation, then "BigDCD" will be of great interest.
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/bigdcd/

The scripts used by QwikMD can be found @ qwickmd_func.tcl
You may browse the VMD folder to find it. The path should be something like
this:
vmd/plugins/noarch/tcl/qwikmd1.1/qwickmd_func.tcl

Cheers,
Diego.

--
Diego Enry B. Gomes, PhD