From: Diego Gomes (diego.enry_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2022 - 11:21:34 CDT

Quick solution is to always open the PDB produced by martinize.py before
Make sure you need to remove the TER line, so VMD will use the CONECT
records to draw bonds.

ATOM 928 CA GLY B 275 -14.986 31.558 26.549 1.00 0.00

*TER 929 GLY B 275*CONECT 1 2 3

You may write a simple script to write only the bonds from selected atoms,
for a cleaner look.
Here are two scripts, "Script 1" to write the bond list, you only do this
once. Script 2, to read it anytime you need.

# Script 1: Write a martini bond list for Backbone atoms, from PDB file.
#1 Open the PDB file
  mol new *martini.pdb*
#2 Select
  set BB [atomselect top "name BB"]
#3 Get bonds
  set bondlist [ $BB getbonds ]
  set f [open "*bondlist.dat*" "w"]
  puts $f $bondlist
  close $f

# Script 2: Read bond list
#1 Read bondlist file
  set f [open "*bondlist.dat*"]
  set bondlist [read $f]
  close $f
# 2 Create a selection to apply bond list
  set BB [atomselect top "name BB"]
# 3 Set bonds to selection
  $BB setbonds $bondlist

--