From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 26 2022 - 12:09:10 CDT

a few thoughts:
- you can create DCD files from LAMMPS directly using dump style dcd
- you can use the catdcd program instead of VMD to do the conversion
- please carefully check the first line of your VMD launch script. does it
have (#!/bin/csh or #!/bin/sh) as first line
  if the former, then checking for file size limits in a bourne shell with
ulimit may be misleading. You have to check with a c-shell, which may have
different limits configured by default.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://goo.gl/1wk0__;!!DZ3fjg!7Q6A3_Hm6TmkM4JJ9smx-eTV8anQO5wj4rLkYPjfzyrMa1NnltDZgEmRNatIIlxThZEk0MrywTMsOMlbTg$