From: Daniel Fellner (dfel694_at_aucklanduni.ac.nz)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2022 - 02:52:01 CDT

Oh great, thanks! I didn't realise RESP was suitable for deriving
CHARMM-compatible partial charges. I did notice FFTK has a RESP option now
but I thought it was just for AMBER.

I assume the procedure is to put static restraints on the aliphatic and
aromatic hydrogens not adjacent to a heteroatom (as per CHARMM protocol)
and to any atoms you don't need to optimise? I gave it a try just now, and
it does a good job for most atoms, though I do notice some unphysical
charges on the buried atoms. I guess I'll set these with NPA first.

Regarding the QM level of theory, should I stick to the default HF/6-31G*
for both the RESP and NPA calculations? My molecule is neutral and contains
only C, H, N, F, O atoms unlike the metal complexes in your paper.

Thanks again for your help,

*Daniel Fellner BSc(Hons)*
PhD Candidate
School of Chemical Sciences