From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2022 - 23:32:45 CST

Hi,
  There aren't any prepared examples for doing this via the
Python API, but the task is simple enough that it should be
straightforward if you've got a Python-enabled VMD build.
For performance, you may want to use the "Points" representation
with GLSL rendering mode when you're drawing millions of spheres,
as that will use a special GLSL shader that's particularly fast.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/