From: Mariano Spivak (mariano_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2022 - 10:07:09 CST

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are aware of what causes this and we have a fix ready for the next VMD alpha (soon).

In the meantime, you can continue using Timeline by following:
1) Download this file (https://uofi.app.box.com/s/o3q8roi5yv4ppiaculotwhjtmiy1127r) to any folder in your system (e.g. C:/Users/mariano/OneDrive/Desktop)
2) Launch VMD normally
3) Open TKConsole (Extensions -> Tk Console)
4) Type “source C:/Users/mariano/OneDrive/Desktop/timeline-fix.tcl” and press enter (replace with your folder)
5) Try to work with the Timeline plugin

You will need to follow steps 3 and 4 every time you launch VMD.

Let me know if this works for you, and if you find any other issues.

Best