From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2021 - 23:55:46 CDT

John's recollection is correct -- namdenergy is just a tcl script that
writes and subsequently runs a namd config file, and then parses the
output. Have you run any successful namd simulations with this system? If
so, what parameter file(s) did you use for that run? My suspicion is that
you just need to be using charmm36 parameter files (which likely match what
you used for your topologies), because that HA atom is type HB in
charmm22/27, but HB1 in charmm36.
BTW, if you want to see the script that namdenergy is using, you can set
the 'debug' flag and then edit it yourself to play with settings -- but
here I'm pretty sure it is a parameter file issue.
Best,
Peter