From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2021 - 11:46:18 CDT

Hi Alexander,
  From the output below, it would seem that the workstation you're using
has the open source Mesa OpenGL driver installed and/or in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH rather than the NVIDIA commercial OpenGL drivers.

I think you should be able to correct this by either removing the conflicting
Mesa software, or by prioritizing the NVIDIA-provided libGL.so and associated
libGLX.so in your runtime library search paths.

Before you try running VMD on your workstation, you will want to verify that
the correct OpenGL libraries are being used by running "glxinfo"
and seeing that the OpenGL renderer is the NVIDIA renderer and not Mesa.
I think that once the correct libraries are found, you should be able to
run VMD with the NVIDIA drivers.

Best,