From: Chris Taylor (christay_at_usc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2021 - 21:02:58 CDT

Thanks-

I changed the line in the script that says
“”
set topologyfile [format "%s/plugins/noarch/tcl/membrane1.2/top_all27_prot_lipid.inp" $env(VMDDIR)]
“”

And then I downloaded the example PDB and ran
“”
vmd > source mergemultiframepdb.tcl
vmd > mol new Downloads/1k4r.pdb1 type pdb
Info) Using plugin pdb for structure file Downloads/1k4r.pdb1
Info) Using plugin pdb for coordinates from file Downloads/1k4r.pdb1
Info) Determining bond structure from distance search ...
Info) Analyzing structure ...
Info) Atoms: 9084
..
..
vmd > Info) Finished with coordinate file Downloads/1k4r.pdb1.
“”

That worked fine, but I keep getting errors like this and no file is written out. I tried with a couple of PDB assembly files I downloaded. Am I doing something wrong? I tried it on Windows 10 and Centos8, but I’m not sure that matters.

“”
vmd > merge_multi_frame_structure top /home/cht/tmp Downloads/1k4r_merged.pdb
..
..
psfgen) Warning: failed to set coordinate for atom CD1 ILE:36 V6
PDB: /home/cht/tmp/merge0000.G.pdb V7
psfgen) building segment V7
psfgen) setting patch for first residue to NONE
psfgen) setting patch for last residue to NONE
psfgen) reading residues from pdb file /home/cht/tmp/merge0000.G.pdb
psfgen) unknown residue type NAG
psfgen) unknown residue type NAG
psfgen) extracted 2 residues from pdb file
psfgen) Info: generating structure...psfgen) unknown residue type NAG
failed!
ERROR: failed on end of segment
MOLECULE DESTROYED BY FATAL ERROR! Use resetpsf to start over.
“”