From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2021 - 23:58:30 CDT

Hi,
  This issue has been discussed previously. VMD depends on the underlying
FLTK and Tk graphical interface toolkits for rendering of all of the GUI
widgets. Preliminary support for high-DPI displays exists for MacOS X
in both of these toolkits, but high-DPI support is still ongoing work on
Unix/Linux X-Windows and Microsoft Windows platforms last I checked several
months ago. I will continue to revisit this issue, and as soon as there
appears to be a viable FLTK+Tk combination that works on the other non-MacOS
platforms, I will be happy to make test builds of VMD available with
high-DPI support on these platforms. As soon as I have something I can
share, I will let VMD-L know.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/