From: Paulo E. Abreu (paulo.abreu_at_ci.uc.pt)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2021 - 04:04:30 CDT

Hello John
Thanks for your answer about the status of VR in linux VMD and sorry for
bothering you with my questions once again.
I am contacting you directly (hope you dont mind) as this is not
specifically VMD related.
I have bought the HP Reverb G2 hardware and a new laptop so I can do some
demonstrations for high-school students.
The availability and the price was what led us to buy this VR gear. We will
be using this under windows as it seems simpler to set up and work with VR
gear in that OS.
Is there a possibility of using VMD with this VR in windows ?
Do you know of other chemistry related software that can be used (free)?
The only thing I have found so far is nanobiome (which offers a 30 day
trial) and a very limited free/personal version.
I just want to do some demonstrations where I show a protein and then
interact with the system (which I can do with protein VR) but I
haven't found any free program that allows me to build a molecule.
Sorry for all the questions but I really haven't found anything useful and
I really dont know if the CAVE version of VMD can be used with windows and
with this system.
Thanks a lot for the time,
Paulo E. Abreu

--