From: Troy Wymore (wymore_at_psc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 11:28:31 CDT

Hello,

        I am trying to get the extra plugins/extensions to work with VMD
1.8.2. I downloaded the latest update and unpacked it in my home
directory. So now I have a /home/wymore/plugins dir with everything from
that tar file there. I changed my .vmdrc file and hoped I would see under
the Extensions menu, the APBS plugin detailed on the VMD website. But
nothing new is under the extensions menu. Do I have to download all the
updates for 1.8.2?

Also I wasn't sure what I needed to change in .vmdrc file. For example,
the website says to add:

# Load the molecule file reader plugins
vmd_plugin_scandirectory [file join $env(HOME) plugins [vmdinfo arch]
molfile] *.so

So do I just change "vmd_plugin_scandirectory" to /home/wymore/plugins or
/home/wymore/plugins/LINUX/molfile or something else?

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy Wymore
PSC