From: Chris Neale (candrewn_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2021 - 09:42:54 CDT

Or dos vs linux line endings?
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/8796.html

Also, is that typo on the word "file" as "filr" actually part of VMD? I
just tested (with 1.94a43 on mac OS) and I get no typo in that message:

$ vmd nonexistant.pdb

..

Info) File loading in progress, please wait.

ERROR) Could not read file nonexistant.pdb

ERROR) Loading of startup molecule files aborted.