From: Carlos Simmerling (carlos.simmerling_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2021 - 16:35:29 CST

Hi John,

thanks for checking, I started to then got a bit confused.

Do you mean VMDTMPDIR? I see that (but not TMPDIR) listed on
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.9.1/ug/node208.html but honestly
it isn't clear on windows how to set this.
If it's set by default to c: (where Viewmaster is trying to write) that
seems bad since it usually isn't writable unless you're running as admin.

I would think that windows programs would use %TEMP% for temp writing:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>echo %Temp%
C:\Users\carlos\AppData\Local\Temp

thanks
Carlos