From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2021 - 20:49:54 CST

please always keep the mailing list in the loop.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 9:39 PM Robert Chan-Jobe <robert.chan-jobe_at_sjsu.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Axel,
>
> I'm running 1.9.4a51 on windows 10 build 18363.

it is working for me on Linux for the same version.
I know the same issue existed for older alpha versions on MacOS.

this must be a build specific thing, since the msgcat package is part of
Tcl and used for multi-language processing.
topotools itself does not use it. so it might work with VMD in text mode.

you may try out to disable native language support (NLS) for VMD and switch
to use VMD in the "C" locale (plain).
I am not a windows expert, so I don't know how to do that. perhaps
searching on google can help.

axel.