From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 31 2020 - 11:12:14 CST

Chris,
  To compile the AMBER plugins for NetCDF requires first compiling
the NetCDF library itself. I hadn't done this since up to this point
nobody had asked for AMBER support on Summit, but if you're working
with large AMBER trajectories there it shouldn't be too difficult to
achieve this. Have you compiled (or do you have a pre-compiled) NetCDF
library? If so, compiling just the AMBER plugin with the NetCDF library
is pretty simple. If not, then that's really the first step one has to
take, and from there we can compile VMD and/or the AMBER plugin itself
against the NetCDF libs. If you haven't started on this, then let me know
and I'll see if I can take a stab at it.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/