From: Emma Wu (ewu20_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 27 2020 - 19:16:24 CST

Hi,
I have recently downloaded the Windows 64-bit, CUDA, OptiX, OSPRay (64-bit
Intel x86_64)
<https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi?UserID=493560&AccessCode=56485971330592205374629169800359&ArchiveID=1647>
(Windows
10). However, when I try to run it, VMD doesn't work. I get the following
issue:

Info) VMD for WIN64, version 1.9.4a51 (December 21, 2020)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 8 CPUs detected.
Info) CPU features: SSE2 SSE4.1 AVX AVX2 FMA F16 HT
Info) Free system memory: 27GB (85%)
Info) No CUDA accelerator devices available.
Info) OpenGL renderer: Quadro M620/PCIe/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVFGS)
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (16384x16384), 3-D (4096x4096x4096), Multitexture (4)
Info) No joysticks found. Joystick interface disabled.
#osp: INITIALIZATION ERROR --> #osp:api: could not find module initializer
ospray_init_module_ispc
#osp: INITIALIZATION ERROR --> Could not find device of type: default.
Make sure you have the correct OSPRay libraries linked.
#osp: INITIALIZATION ERROR --> OSPRay not yet initialized (most likely this
means you tried to call an ospray API function before first calling
ospInit())(pid 1768)

I've looked through the VMD mailing and this is the output I get after I
try:
PS C:\Program Files\VMD> set VMDNOOSPRAY=1
PS C:\Program Files\VMD> .\vmd.exe

I was wondering what I could do to fix this issue? Thanks!

Best,
Emma