From: Shirley Li (li19104_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 17:13:39 CDT

Hi John,

Thank you for the animaterealslow scipt. It does help to slow down the view on the SCREEN. While when I re-do the movie creation, it seems that the frame update speed in the MOVIE is still the DEFAULT value: 1sec/frame. How should I make this script be in effect in the ANIMATION?

BTW, what's the official web site for VideoMach, where I could purchase this software?

Thank you for your help. Sorry for bothering you.

Best regards,

Shirley

John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:

Shirley,
If you want it a lot slower than one frame per second, then you'll
need to either do it with a script, or by manually clicking the forward
frame button, depending on how slow you're really wanting here :-)

If you want to do it with a script, you could do it like this:

proc animaterealslow { secondsperframe } {
animate goto 0
display update ui
for {set i 0} { $i < [molinfo top get numframes]} {incr i} {
animate goto $i
display update ui
sleep $secondsperframe
}
}

Once you're talking about multiple seconds per frame however, I suspect
you're probably better off just driving it manually by clicking the frame
forward button when you're ready to see the next frame.

Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu Phone: 217-244-3349
WWW: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/ Fax: 217-244-6078