From: Shirley Li (li19104_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 14:53:32 CDT

Dear all,

I have two questions related to the use of VMD:

1) In order to make animation with VMD, the installation of VIDEOMACHis required. However, VideoMach is a shareware, and it only allows one to use for 30 days of try. Is there any way that could solve this probem, or is there any alternative FREE program that could be used?

2) Is VMD graphics, how to add a PERSONABLE LABEL in a desired position? For example, I want to add text "2T3ns" to the graphics, how to do that?

3) To label particular residue with the RESIDUE NAME followed by its ID, how to do that? The Mouse munu allows one to label atoms, bonds, and angles, I wonder if VMD support the labeling of RESIDUEs.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Shirley