From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 15:50:33 CDT

Dinesh,
  Did you make sure to load a PDB or PSF file with your trajectory?
The various GROMACS trajectory file formats don't include anything but
coordinates if I recall correctly, so you also need to load a PDB in order
to see anything. If you want correct bonding information (rather than
VMD's best guess) then you'll probably want to use this Perl script
to convert the GROMACS topology file to a PSF file that VMD will read:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/top2psf/

Once you successfully load your structure file and trajectory into VMD,
you will be able to animate it with the animation controls at the bottom
of the main VMD window. If you want to make MPEG movies, you'll want to use
the 'vmdmovie' plugin, and related software packages that you'll need to
install, which are described here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/vmdmovie/