From: Neda Rafieiolhosseini (ne.rafiee_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 27 2020 - 12:56:54 CDT

Dear All,
I have installed and used the latest version of VMD (VMD 1.9.4a42 Rev 3 for
MacOS X Catalina
<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/vmd194a42-MacOSX-CatalinaOnly-Rev3.dmg>
(Apr
24, 2020)) on my system.
I try to open a ".pqr" file of a protein and load a .dx file on top of it
to represent the surface charges on the protein. Everything is fine until I
set the drawing method to "Surf" and the coloring method to "Volume" in
 the graphical representation panel. The problem is that when I set these
two options, the protein in the OpenGL display disappears giving this error:

ERROR) Cannot read SURF output file: /tmp/vmdsurf.u501.268.in.tri

Info) Done.

I will be thankful if anyone can help with this.
Thanks.
Neda