From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 10:53:38 CDT

Dinesh,
  There isn't a built-in feature to calculate the Euler angles
corresponding to the view direction, but you could calculate them
by assuming the default orientation of positive Z pointing towards you,
positive Y up, and positive X to the right. From there, you can transform
those direction vectors by the VMD transformation matrices and measure
angles as you see fit with a little Tcl code. You'd need to write the
code for this. Another way to go would be to use Display->reset view
and then perform angular rotations in x, y, z with the "rotate by" commands:
  display resetview
  rotate x by 10
  rotate y by 30
  rotate z by -30

Then you'd of course know what your angles are. If you're not up for
writing complex scripts, then that's probably a simple trial-and-error
method for getting what you want.