From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2019 - 13:38:13 CDT

At present, this would be best achieved by generating a so called
"mask map" and then using it to show just the region you're interested
in. I'm looking at modifying the way the Isosurface rep works so you
could show map regions within a given distance to an atom selection as
a built-in representation feature, but for the time being the mask
map is the best way to achieve this. I'm CCing one of my colleagues
that works on MDFF so he can give you the most efficient set of
operations to achieve that.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/