From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2019 - 15:57:21 CDT

Hi,
  Are you running VMD 1.9.3 or 1.9.4aXX ??
If you're running the latest VMD 1.9.4 test versions, you can use a new
command to build a new molecule from multiple selections, e.g.:
  mol fromsels $sel1 $sel2 $sel3 $sel4

That will create a new VMD molecule from a list of atom selections that
reference other molecules. The new molecule will consist of the atoms
from each of the listed selections, in order.

Once the merged molecule is built, you can write it out as a PSF.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/