From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 14:16:33 CDT

Hi,
  It is likely that some of your "crd" files are actually
amber restart files. There are two similar-but-different
files produced by the Amber tools, and VMD only reads the
trajectory form of these files (crd). There was another
discussion of this very subject just a few days ago:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/2985.html

If you determine that your file is indeed a restart file, then
you'll need to use the "rst7" file reader plugin for that.
If that still doesn't work, let me know.

I hope to make the Amber file reader plugins more forgiving
of these different files at some point when I'm less swamped
with other tasks.

Thanks,