From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2018 - 09:12:31 CST

Jerome,
  I built and ran VMD with CUDA 10 without any errors or
segfaults during August. The current source code should be
CUDA 10-ready unless I accidentally broke something very recently.
If you can send me both your compilation logs and/or describe
how you're getting crashes that'd be great. If you can run VMD
under 'gdb' and catch the crash with a traceback, that'd be even better.

The only 'dangerous' issues I'm aware of with CUDA 10 are that there's
a long standing bug that still isn't fixed in Thrust that VMD contains
a workaround for (since CUDA 9.0), but I added #ifdefs for that a few
months back and VMD should be using the workaround for the known problem.

Best,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/