From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 16:01:18 CDT

Hi,
  What do you get if you run that VMD from 'strace' like this?
strace -F vmd -dispdev text

We're interested in the "open" and "select" calls that
reference the same file handles, so we can figure out why the heck
VMD would be getting stuck on a select call.

Did you compile this VMD binary yourself, or is it one of our binaries?

Thanks,