From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2018 - 12:58:02 CDT

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 12:40 PM, Brian Radak <brian.radak_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think there are any tools for this integrated with VMD at present
> (or at least not as part of the normal distribution). Maybe try packmol?

there is a tutorial for how to build and equilibrate simple molecular
liquid boxes with VMD and TopoTools here:
https://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/software/topotools/topotools-tutorial---part-2
this uses OPLS/AA, but that doesn't make much of a difference as those
systems will have to be re-quilibrated after solvation anyway.

the effect of a specific pH is usually not possible to model in the
solvent (and not worth trying), but through choices as to how residues
are protonated due to the pKa / pKb of the side chains.

axel.