From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2017 - 09:46:50 CDT

Hi,
  The script below is helful, but it only addresses the 'webpdb' part of the VMD updates we had
to make for the RCSB web site changes. To correct the behavior of VMD 1.9.4, updates were made
to a few places in VMD's webpdbplugin, qwikmd, and autopsf, pdbtool, etc.

Stefan, how old are the GPUs you said have trouble with VMD 1.9.4? What generation are they?
You can query them by running 'nvidia-smi' and it will report both the hardware and the
driver version number. If you can tell me what you've got I could estimate how difficult it
would be to either build a VMD 1.9.4 for your hardware, or to get your machines in sync with
current drivers so they can run VMD 1.9.4.

Best regards,