From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2017 - 10:18:06 CDT

Hi,
  I'm pretty sure that plugin was not developed/tested for special structures
like those produced by the carbon nanotube builder plugin that may need
special, or additional topology or parameter files. It was intended to
be used for straightforward PDB structures. You will probably be better
off to use psfgen or topotools yourself to combine the carbon nanotube with
your protein(s).

I'll see about looking at what the code is doing there and
making changes to the documentation to indicate this if the issues
I'm expecting are what is causing this error.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/