From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2016 - 23:21:53 CDT

There is some further discussion of patches to FLTK for high-DPI
displays in this group, along with a recent patch to help FLTK
detect the real display DPI where possible:
  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fltkgeneral/ZZ1G4c8oCd0

This is far short of what would be needed for VMD, but detecting the
correct display DPI is an important step.