From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2016 - 22:38:36 CDT

Hi,
  No, VMD 1.9.2 does not contain the special code required for
stereoscopic omnidirectional projections needed for the VR movies.
I'm in Germany presently for the ISC'16 conference, but when I
return I'll see what's going on with the biocore server.
I plan to make a beta of VMD 1.9.3 available on the normal VMD download
area very soon upon my return, which will also make the biocore
issue irrelevant for your purposes. I'll followup on this email
when I have the VMD 1.9.3 beta version posted.

Cheers,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/