From: Laura Joana (laurajoanalopes_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2016 - 10:37:10 CDT

Dear all,

I installed locally the last version of VMD (text-mode) and I got this
error after running the vmd command:
rlwrap: No match.
I found other users talking about that bug:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/19158.html
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/24032.html
The first one recommends to take off all the symbols from the rlwrap
command line. The second one recommends taking just the "[" character off,
and maybe changing the shell. I tried all of this and vmd runs, but, when I
try to read a tcl script using the source command I get this:

rlwrap: warning: vmd killed by SIGSEGV (core dumped).
rlwrap has not crashed, but for transparency,
it will now kill itself with the same signal

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

In this site:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/221135/issue-with-vmd-install-not-working-any-more-lubuntu-12-10
they recommend to uninstall rlwrap. As I can not do that (because I'm in a
lab cluster) I set the variable $rlwrap empty. I got just:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
after I tried to run my tcl script.

It seems that the problem is really with rlwrap, but I have o clue to
resolve this. Does someone here knows how to fix this?

Thanks

Laura