From: Mochena, Mogus D. (mogus.mochena_at_famu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2016 - 11:59:13 CST

Dear VMD community:

   I was trying to run the first tutorial of NAMD and went thru a few steps. Then as I was trying to generate the psf file as suggested, and I get the following error message. I am using the El Captan operating system of Mac Pro.

Here is the command used:

/Applications/VMD\ 1.9.2.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.command -dispdev text -e ubq.pgn

Info) VMD for MACOSXX86, version 1.9.2 (December 29, 2014)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 8 CPUs detected.
Warning) Detected a mismatch between CUDA runtime and GPU driver
Warning) Check to make sure that GPU drivers are up to date.
Info) No CUDA accelerator devices available.
Info) Dynamically loaded 2 plugins in directory:
Info) /Applications/VMD 1.9.2.app/Contents/vmd/plugins/MACOSXX86/molfile
1.6.2
too many arguments specified
MOLECULE DESTROYED BY FATAL ERROR! Use resetpsf to start over.

MOLECULE MISSING! Use resetpsf to start over.

MOLECULE MISSING! Use resetpsf to start over.

MOLECULE MISSING! Use resetpsf to start over.

MOLECULE MISSING! Use resetpsf to start over.

MOLECULE MISSING! Use resetpsf to start over.

MOLECULE MISSING! Use resetpsf to start over.

MOLECULE MISSING! Use resetpsf to start over.

Thanks,

MM