From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 22 2016 - 09:51:52 CST

Hi,
  It's not entirely clear what you're talking about when you refer to
"unwanted zooming". VMD doesn't do any time-varying zooming
by itself as a trajectory plays. Perhaps what you're after is
to use an orthographic projection so that size/distance relationships
are preserved throughout a trajectory movie regardless how close
parts of the structure are to the camera?

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/