From: Reza Shakouri (r.shakoory_at_iasbs.ac.ir)
Date: Sat Feb 06 2016 - 05:29:06 CST

Dear Josh,

I entered vmd > menu main on, in terminal but
there isn't any new thing

Reza,

> Hi
Reza,

> For whatever reason your settings file (.vmdrc)
is not turning on the
> main menu.
>From the terminal you used
to launch VMD, you can also enter
> commands. What happens if you
enter this command in that terminal window?

> vmd >
menu main on

> That should bring up the main menu. If
that works, you should figure out
> why the main menu isn't opened
by default. The easiest way of fixing it
> is to play around with
VMDPrefs to build yourself a new vmdrc file,
> which you would
save in your home directory.

> -Josh
>
> On 02/05/2016 02:31 PM, Reza Shakouri wrote:
>> Dear
all,

>> I have installed
vmd-1.9.2.bin.LINUXAMD64.opengl.tar.gz in ubuntu
>> 14.04 x64,
but when I want to use it, I type vmd in command line,

Display screen comes up and showes an snapshot of system but vmd
>> console does not come up and there isn't any error message, is
there
>> any solution?
>>
>> Best
regards,
>> --
>> Reza Shakouri
>>
>> --
>> This message has been scanned for viruses
and

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.mailscanner.info_&d=BQMDaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=zFfoK61upjM5BwyoRAsX8dLq7rwWm8aw7r7dqtjgcCE&m=q-2PB4JzpRG0YwGhtrp-xB-iYvyeNQDazH2_R9c1ucg&s=dDhm6E34ceQxOapzGb9srqpS1xAN5_JRwisyBOD8iVc&e=>,
>> and is
>> believed to be clean.

> believed to be
clean.