From: Vlad Cojocaru (vlad.cojocaru_at_mpi-muenster.mpg.de)
Date: Wed Jan 20 2016 - 11:45:30 CST

Dear VMD users, developers,

I have installed the new openSUSE (Leap - 42.1) and I am able to run
neither KDE nor GNOME properly with "Composite" disabled. With
"Composite" enabled I am not able to use stereoscopic viewing in VMD
with NVIDIA 3D vision. Does anyone know if there is any way to make VMD
display stereo with the "Composite" extension enabled ? On my previous
openSUSE 13.2, KDE was running properly with "Composite" disabled, so I
was able to use stereo (Quad Buffered)

I have the following setup:
x86_64 arch
VMD 1.9.2 (compiled from source)
NVIDIA driver 358.16
CUDA 7.5.18
OPTIX 3.9.0
NVIDIA 3D Vision
Graphics card: Quadro K4000

Thanks for any advice

Best wishes
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Computational Structural Biology Laboratory