From: zeynab hoseyni (zmhoseyni_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 09 2015 - 12:50:37 CST

Hi Axel,

Thanks for your answer and sorry to reply with delay. I was traveling
around and couldn't answer earlier..

Well the point is that in the vmd version (1.9) I have installed on my
laptop
there is nano-tube plugin and it is easy to make the needed pdb in this way
but to make the psf file, it isn't so much straight forward. I searched in
in vmd
mailing list and found the following script that uses topotools to make the
psf
file after loading the pdb file:
package require topotools
topo retypebonds
topo guessangles
topo guessdihedrals
mol reanalyze 0
animate write psf cnt.psf

I used this script and made the cnt.psf with no problem, but as soon as I
start
simulation of nanotube, using namd, I face with this error:
FATAL ERROR: UNABLE TO FIND ANGLE PARAMETERS FOR C C C (ATOMS 1 2 5)
------------- Processor 0 Exiting: Called CmiAbort ------------
Reason: FATAL ERROR: UNABLE TO FIND ANGLE PARAMETERS FOR C C C (ATOMS 1 2 5)

It seems still something is wrong and there isn't enough match between psf
file
and parameter file (I used par_all27_prot_lipid.inp for parameter file of
namd).

But when I use the make_arm.tcl script everything is alright and the
simulation
goes well.. Could you guide me on this?

Thanks,
Zeynab