From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 07 2015 - 07:03:19 CST

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 8:39 AM, zeynab hoseyni <zmhoseyni_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

this is just normal behavior on any unix-like operating system. the
current working directory is not part of the search path for
executables (and for good reasons. it is a bad security problem to
have the current working directory have precedence over the PATH
environment).

you have to use an absolute path or adjust your PATH environment
variable. i would expect that the tutorial you are following contains
instructions for that. i suggest you re-read the docs.

also, is there a specific reason that you use these (old) scripts and
not the (newer) nanotube plugin in VMD?

axel.