From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 13:42:52 CDT

Hi,
  As Axel mentioned, there isn't a way to draw bonds between periodic
images yet. His suggestion does provide a practical solution to this
problem until we add that capability. The most tricky aspect of adding
such a feature is that it'll have to be taught to interact well both with
auto-determined bonds (distance-based bond determination code) as well as
with structures loaded from PSF files or other formats that provide bond
information but don't necessarily do anything special for periodic systems.
For the time being, I'd recommend following Axel's suggestion and I'll see
if we can add this in a future rev of VMD.