From: Payal Chatterjee (payalchatterjee242_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 25 2015 - 17:32:25 CDT

Dear Admin

I am a graduate student at the Western University of Health Sciences. I am
unable to call VMD from the cluster, from any system/laptop, even after
installing the X11 application! Everyone else in my lab can however, easily
do the same! Could you help me find out what is the problem? When I type
vmd on the terminal, after logging in into the cluster, all I see is the
following script, whereas no VMD window pops up:

id: cannot find name for group ID 1019
[payal_at_headnode ~]$ vmd
id: cannot find name for group ID 1019
Info) VMD for LINUXAMD64, version 1.9.1 (February 1, 2012)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 8 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 30592MB (95%)
Warning) Detected a mismatch between CUDA runtime and GPU driver
Warning) Check to make sure that GPU drivers are up to date.
Info) No CUDA accelerator devices available.
Info) Dynamically loaded 2 plugins in directory:
Info) /usr/local/lib/vmd/plugins/LINUXAMD64/molfile
/usr/local/lib/vmd/scripts/tcl8.5 /usr/local/lib/vmd/scripts
/usr/local/lib/lib /Projects/johns/tcl/8.5.6/lib_LINUXAMD64/lib
/usr/local/lib/vmd/scripts/vmd /usr/local/lib/vmd/plugins/LINUXAMD64/tcl
/usr/local/lib/vmd/plugins/noarch/tcl /home/lyna/vmd_diffusion
diffusion_coefficient_gui:diffusion_coefficient_tk {Analysis/Diffusion
Coefficient Tool}

Thanks
Payal
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences