From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 17:49:37 CDT

Miguel,
  Can you email me a copy of the map file that fails to load with the
VMD 1.8.2 version of the grdplugin? Also, if you can send a native
GRID file, and a URL for their file format specification documents,
we can see how difficult it would be to write a native plugin for that
file format. The new coloring feature works for _all_ supported volumed
data file formats, and is completely independent of where the data came from.
The main limitation in the current implementation of the coloring feature
is that my rendering code only does orthogonal cells presently, I'm still
working on finishing the OpenGL code to do the texturing for non-orthogonal
cells.

Thanks,