From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 15 2015 - 08:07:10 CDT

The Gaussian job is terminating with a FileIO error, which means that it can't access a particular file that it is looking for. One thing to note about the way ffTK sets up the Hessian calculation is that it will pull geometry information from the checkpoint file output from the geometry optimization (this is why you have to specify it in the input). ffTK makes a copy of this checkpoint file and names it using the same user-provided filename for writing the Gaussian input (GAU) file (i.e. if hess.gau is the output file, the checkpoint file will be copied to hess.chk). From the data you've provided, this file is named hess.chk. If you are running the Gaussian job elsewhere, you will need to also copy this CHK file along with the GAU file. Further, I have also run across instances where job submission scripts on a cluster will copy the input file to a compute node to perform the calculation. If the CHK file isn't copied to the compute node as well, you will generally get a similar FileIO error message.
This is solved either by modifying the submission script to copy the CHK file to the compute node as well, or modify the input GAU file to provide the full path to the checkpoint file.

To make a long story short, I don't know for sure what your error is, but this is where I would start troubleshooting.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne